Thursday, March 18, 2010

White Flag

Surrender.

In this day and age, when we hear that word, I'd assume the first thing that comes to mind is giving up a fight. One party knows the other has them beat, and sees no point in continuing the battle, so they wave their little white flag and surrender.

Last night I was reminded that surrender is not just admitting defeat in the midst of battle, but admitting defeat before a battle even begins. As we are in the midst of a battle, not of flesh and blood, but of spiritual things I've realized that I have some things in my life that I cling so tightly to that I'm practically white knuckling my way through life. Even to acknowledge that the family I hold so dear is in fact not mine, but that they have been entrusted to me for a short time on this side of eternity is a hard concept to grasp.

Just like chicken soup, I've found Turkey is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment